2.27.2010

Excuses

So, yes, it is three in the morning. And yes, I really am blogging right now. I'm just about to get in bed after a whirlwind of an evening, day, and week. On tuesday, I (re)found out about this intense summer visual arts program; it sounded amazing, and I got really into the idea of going. But the application is due today, the 27th. So I've spent the last couple of days scrambling to pull together my application. Between school and painting and getting recommendations, things have been crazy. Amidst all this, I was also preparing for my trip to San Francisco this weekend. We're going up to look at colleges ( slash hang out in awesome possum NorCal) and leaving in....about 6 or 7 hours. So I had to pack, print out maps and itineraries, make a list of places I need to go in San Francisco while we're there, and finish my app for the summer thing. Basically, I am pooped.

So this is kind of the story of why I could not and did not blog at all this week. Oh, the trials and tribulations of being me.

I've hit the point in my exhaustion where I feel completely and totally awake. So as my final act, I will post some of the pictures from my first roll using my Yashica 35mm. I'm still learning how to work it, so bear with me:




Vampire Weekend. Relive the magic!

Meeting Ezra Koenig and Co. was seriously one of the best moments of 2009 for me. I want summer so bad right now. Popsicles, beaches, and surf rock mmmm. I can almost taste it. So close but yet so far.

I'm going to milk the Bay Area for all it's worth. See you in a few days; I'll be back with pictures galore.

- Aria

P.S. the title of this post has a double meaning! Excuses for not blogging at all recently and also.....Excuses by the Morning Benders is my absolute favorite song right now. Watch this video. Please. It will change your life forevermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment