3.02.2010

So Fashion Week proved to be too great of a beast for me to tame. There was just too much information and links to click and people to know the names of, I couldn't keep up with it. I was going to do a post with little collages of my favorite looks from each of my favorite collections. But i barely made it through NY fashion week, let alone the european ones. So this is all I have.

Knee socks and polka dots! I loved all the quirkiness of Karen Walker's collection. It was all so very cute.



Top notch designs at Preen, in my opinion. The craftsmanship was great. I wish I could see the pieces in person; they look like they're made from a rather heavy fabric and I'd like to check out all those ripply folds and pleats myself. It reminds me vaguely of Leanne's final collection on Project Runway a few seasons ago....?Anyway, cool shoes too.

So this is all I have as far as visuals. Other than that, I can say that I really strongly disliked Alexander Wang's line. Major disappointment. Rag and Bone was eh as well. Really liked Matthew Ames, however. As well as Yigal Azrouel, Luca Luca, and Shipley and Halmos. As far as presentation goes, I LOVED Rodarte. Sooooo good. And Marc by Marc Jacobs was cool too. *deep breath* And I have yet to sift through the other fashion weeks. No post to come on that though.

___

Got back from the Bay Area last night. I fell in love with it. Berkeley was amazinggg. I'm not sure why so many people seem to dislike it. Maybe if I go there I'll understand. But from an outsider's POV it was great. And the city itself, while a bit...run down...was very charming. I think it suits me. I have pictures and a detailed account of my trip coming later.

- aria

No comments:

Post a Comment